admin on June 17th, 2011
View the pdf here: Newsletter for June 2011
In this issue:
- Are you planning for the July 4th Boat Parade!? See parade details.
- The Essex Music Festival will be held August 27 at Centennial Grove.
- President Sue McLaughlin traces the rise and decline of the cabomba weed in the lake, noting mitigation steps residents can take.
- Robyn Kanter’s Designing with Nature column discusses the tree problem caused by winter moth catapillars.
- The Eastern Railroad was an amazing driver of the local economy a century ago. Loaded with photos, Keith Symmes’ history appears in the Yesteryear section.
- Also: Water level monitoring goes hi-tech. Another disappointing alewife season. Fresh water mussels keep the water clean. And more.